Fashion designer turned Teacher | blogger | Coffee and desserts lover | Vlogging enthusiast

Jun 27, 2017

Micellar Water: What is it? My experience with it and...is it magical?



Hello dollies!

Micellar Water has become really popular but I never really took the time to try it until recently, when my mom brought some from Spain and yeah, she was raving about it so, I gave it a try...

First of all, what is Micellar water and what's it supposed to do?
Micellar water claims to be a super effective makeup remover and cleanser. It doesn't contain any soap or oils. It's supposed to be super light and gentle to your skin. Apparently there is no need to include any other cleanser or toner on your cleansing routine.


Since it is so popular now, there are sooooo many brands that came up with their own micellar water so, there is a lot to choose from.

The one I've been using is the Básicos Germinal Micellar Water. This is a Spanish brand that it's still pretty new to me. (I'll link their site here if you wanna check it out.)


It claims to:
Effectively remove even waterproof makeup, leaving a fresh and hydrated skin after using it.

♥ Removes waterproof makeup
♥ Works on all skin types
♥ Has no perfume/scent to it
♥ It's dermatologically tested

How to use it?
Use a cotton pad soaked in the product to remove your makeup.
After using it, you don't have to rinse or double cleanse your skin so you can let the product's properties work on your skin.

Does it work and do I like it?
Yes!
I've been using it every night for almost a month now and to be honest, I've been loving it. To start with, it's gentle to my super sensitive skin. It completely removes my makeup (even waterproof) leaving my skin feeling soft, clean and hydrated. (and not oily at all) I like the fact that it doesn't have any scent to it and, you don't need to use a lot of product for it to work properly.
It's been a part of my night routine. After removing my makeup I only apply some eye cream and a night cream.
The next day my skin has this natural glow to it and I've noticed my blemishes and pimples are not as bad as they used to since I started using it.
Yes, it is magical water! 🌟

Here is a little example of how my skin looks after removing my makeup using the micellar water. I didn't use anything else to remove it.

My makeup at the end of the day. Not really nice looking anymore but I wanted to picure it as close to reality as possible.

No makeup face after cleansing it with a cotton pad soaked in micellar water. It completely removes my makeup and I like how fresh and clean my skin looks. 

I guess it's differet for everyone but I can totally see why people have been loving this product. I highly recommend you girls to give it a chance.
And since I love to test products, I'll try some other brands' micellar water to compare and see which one I like better.
Let me know if you have tried it and wha's your experience with it.

RANDOM TIP: You can also use micellar water to clean your makeup brushes. Since it removes makeup so well, it'll leave your brushes clean and makeup free. x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Twitter Facebook Google Plus LinkedIn RSS Feed Email Pinterest

Popular Posts

Categories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Translate

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little space! A place for me to share with you guys what I love, think and do.

BTemplates.com

Blogroll

About

Copyright © ~ MonStar's little blog ~ | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com